For any certificate / document issued by any authority in India, such as Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Death Certificates, Medical Certificate, Educational Certificates and Salary Certificate etc. must be “ATTESTED” before they can be recognized as valid in UAE. To do this you must complete a “chain Attestation process” in which a series of authorities will affix a succession of seals on your document.
For documents required for use in India or UAE, such as Power of Attorney, Sworn Affidavits, Memorandum of Understanding & Articles of Association, Deeds, WILL, Sponsorship Declaration, etc. There is a further requirement that they must be signed in the presence of the officer at the IVS Global Attestation Center.
ORIGINAL VALID PASSPORT IS MANDATORY FOR ANY ATTESTATION SERVICE AT IVS GLOBAL ATTESTAION CENTER. ALL DOCUMENTS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED WITH AN A4 SIZE PHOTOCOPY.
How to attest a document issued in India for use in UAE (Step by Step Procedure)
Step 1 : Have the original Document
For attestation of any document, you must produce the original document. Photocopies are not accepted. It could be any document ranging from Education Certificates, Transfer Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Death Certificate, Salary Certificate/ work agreements etc.
Step 2 : Get the document attested by Home Department/ Education department of State Government concerned / Ministry of External Affairs
- In case of Transfer Certificate/ Education Certificate up to class 11, it has to be attested by District Education Officer from the Education Department of the concerned State / Union Territory in India.
- In case of Education Certificate (class 12 and above)/ University Degree, it has to be attested by Department of higher Education of the same state \ Union Territory and Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi, India.
- In case of all other certificates issued from India, these documents will need to be notarized by a Notary Public appointed by the state government and the Home Department of the same state government.
In UAE, some documents submitted to the local government require Arabic Translation. : Driving License Applicants should get these documents translated by an official translation agency approved by the UAE Government before they approach RTA or concerned UAE agency.
All documents issued/ originating in UAE for use in India have to be attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UAE and by Consulate General of India, Dubai/Embassy of India, Abu Dhabi at the IVS Global Attestation Center.
If the applicant is a UAE national, before you produce your documents for attestation at IVS Global Attestation Center, these documents need to be attested by the local Court and countersigned by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dubai / Sharjah.
Third Country Nationals
In respect of Third Country Nationals other than UAE nationals, before you produce your documents for attestation at the IVS Global Attestation Center, the documents need to be attested by the Consulate/ Embassy concerned and countersigned by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dubai / Sharjah.
Step 3 : Final Attestation from Consulate General of India, Dubai/Embassy of India, Abu Dhabi
- Applicant must come in person to the IVS Global Attestation Center along with his/her VALID original passport and photocopy.
- Bring the original document duly attested from the respective Ministry from the State of your residence (as stated above in Step 2).
- Incase of third party document submitted by representator, an authorization letter issued by the company or individual is required along with his original passport and photocopy.
Please note that for documents attested at the IVS Global Attestation Center, you would be required to pay an attestation fee and a service fee (Please visit with website for the latest schedule of fees and charges).
“True copy” attestation of Passport copy/ other Certificates.
- Passport copy : True copy attestation of the Passport copy is done only after the receiving verification /approval of the Passport from the concerned Passport issuing authority.
- Education/Other Certificates : Education Certificates are attested only after the originals are attested from the concerned authority in India/UAE/other countries.